BMW Service and Maintenance
Essential Service Packages are executed for your BMW 3 Series, Z3, Z4 5, 6, 7 and 8 Series from 1984 to present. At BIMMEX our pride is service of excellence. Our trained technicians will maintain your vehicle with care and respect while going beyond average and at the top of expectations. Scheduled maintenance represents ongoing service intervals throughout the life of your vehicle.
BMW vehicles up to model year 2006 for 3’ 2004 for 5’ and 2002 for 7’ requires the following scheduled maintenance service:
- OIL CHANGE: To be done at approximately 7500 Km for vehicles up to 1999 and 12500(15000) Km for vehicles after 1999.
- OIL CHANGE & SERVICE (OIL SERVICE) (PDF) Includes an oil change plus additional steps that are only necessary with higher accumulated miles. To be done at approximately 15000 Km for vehicles up to 1999 and 25000 Km for vehicles from 1999 to present.
- INSPECTION I (PDF) Includes all items listed under OIL SERVICE plus additional steps that are only necessary with higher accumulated miles. To be done at approximately 30.000 Km for vehicles up to 1999 and 50.000 Km for vehicles after 1999. ( CALLED ALSO ” COMPLETE VEHICLE CHECK ” from model year 2005 or all vehicles with I-drive and has to be done at approximately every 60,000Km )
- INSPECTION II (PDF) Includes all items listed under OIL SERVICE and INSPECTION I plus additional steps that are only necessary with higher accumulated miles . To be done at approximately 60.000 Km for vehicles up to 1999 and 100.000 Km for vehicles from 1999 to present. This is the most complex and the most important scheduled maintenance service your car requires.
BMW vehicles from model year 2002 for 7’ 2004 for 5’ and 2006 for 3’ or all vehicles with I-drive requires the following scheduled maintenance service:
- VEHICLE CHECK (road worthiness) (details) and has to be done at approximately every 50,000Km
For vehicle at around every 100,000 Km in conjunction with “Vehicle Check” may require:
MAJOR SERVICE (details)
The rest of components as seen above on older models under “Inspection” I or II and “Oil Service” are monitored individually using:
CONDITION BASED SERVICE (CBS)
- The intelligent maintenance system CBS permanently monitors oil levels and the degree of wear and tear on individual components. It also checks the time/mileage recommendations for fixed services. It analyses this data and tells you when a service is next due.
- Data can be checked at a glance on your Info Display, which automatically gives you four weeks’ notice. The iDrive control display gives you an exact information on which component needs a check. So you can plan your service appointments well in advance and avoid any unnecessary maintenance work.
ALL VEHICLES REQUIRE ADDITIONAL REGULAR MAINTENANCE AS FOLLOWS:
- FLUIDS FLUSH It is recommended at 2 or 3 years starting from the production date to replace Brake, Coolant and Power Steering fluids.(see owner manual)
- TRANSMISSION & DIFFERENTIAL-TRANSFER CASE(4X4 X-VEHICLES) FLUID CHANGE. Recommended change interval every 60.000 Km for vehicles before 1997 and 10 years or 100,000 Km for all newer vehicles regardless of the urban legend called “Life time – fluid” . This applies especially to the automatic transmissions!
Understanding SERVICE MAINTENANCE (PDF) Programs for BMW vehicles:
- Laser 4 WHEEL ALIGNMENT (PDF)
- CONNECTED SERVICE (PDF) Customers and Service Department are always communicating via e-mail concerning all service needs. Therefore it is essential for our Service Department to have your e-mail address. We are treating this as private information and we promise “NO Spam Email”.
- ELECTRONIC & PROGRAMMING SERVICES For any electronic and programing services CALL AND ASK FOR ALEX or EMAIL HIM
- iPOD INSTALLATION Services
- USA-CANADA Conversions
- SOFTWARE UPDATES
- BLUETOOTH upgrades
- REAR VIEW CAMERA
- SATELLITE RADIO
“BIMMEX takes care of their customers, treats them very well, and the service is outstanding.”
– Martin Sykora
Our convenient walk-in services are specially designed for our customers with busy work schedule to service their BMW or Mini. This newly design program assists customers that need walk-in service as follows:
Most cars $110-125 ; M cars start $197 10W60 oil
$30–per wheel;Winter<->Summer Wheel change (Tires already on rims) $65–( $30–50 per wheel when tires not on rims- includes installation and balance )
$35 – 4 rims shampooed.
Testing only–$60 and replacement (includes testing) starts at–$350 (most cars)
Fluid Flushes and Top-up
- Free top-up except special power steering fluid
- Brake fluid Flush–$135 (recommended every 1 or 2 years)
- Coolant Flush–$165 (recommended every 2 or 3 years)
- Power Steering Flush–$135 (most vehicles, recommended every 2 or 3 years)
Vehicle’s Lights & Light Electrical Service
- Replace 1pc. regular small bulb–$22
- Replace 1pc. fuse–$22
- Replace 1pc. headlight bulb–$40 (most cars) (except special type halogen)( Xenon–$200 )
- Wipers inserts change–$75 for a set (most applications) recommended at least once a year!
Malfunction Indicator Lamp “ON”
- Engine; airbag; abs-traction; etc- Quick Computer Printout to assure secure driving until scheduling a diagnostic and repair. This service is required when any of the vehicle malfunction indicator lamp is on.
- $81 (for readout & print only!) Includes technical advice if vehicle can be still driven safely until a proper diagnostic and repair is scheduled.- When later proper diagnostic is required: price vary from–$81 to maximum–$405 depending of the complexity of the problem.
Scheduled maintenance services
- Oil service ( most vehicles 6 cyl), Inspection I & II
- Complete Vehicle Inspection
- Inspection I & II and Complete Vehicle Inspection can only be done Saturday by appointment only. Due to extended service time required to properly perform these services, we cannot provide “Walk in Service”.
- These scheduled maintenance packages( I , II or Complete Vehicle Inspection) are priced from $250 up to $995 depending on the vehicle type, installed equipment and required service . Please visit “Services”-page for recommended service intervals and detailed explanations.
Engine bay detail and protection package–$55
Condition based service
(all service messages displayed by the i-Drive)
- Brake pads and rotors–From $265 for front pads only to–$1250 for complete pads and rotors on front and rear axle (most vehicles 3 series)
- Air filter 1pc.–$90, cabin (micro) filter 1pc.–$100 (most vehicles)
- Fuel filters–from $150
- Spark plugs 1pc.–$45 (most cars)
- Vehicle check–$250
Air conditioning service
Evacuate, vacuum, recharge, includes adding Wurth – Revitalizer ( german product including oil, dye, stops leaks and seals rejuvenator)–$260
(*NOTE: does not fix big leaks but temporarily restarting system to determine big leaks. Leaks may take hours to days to reveal.)
Priced as packages. Prices are including parts & labor.
Auto Body Repairs
Auto body repairs are done for your BMW or Mini in collaboration with our partners: the best auto body shops in Markham and Vaughan. For any collision or body repair, please contact us as soon as possible, since we have to arrange all the repair details with your insurance company.
For the duration of the repairs we may provide you with a replacement rental vehicle. Our partner Car Rental Company can provide the latest models BMWs or any other luxury vehicle.
We Guarantee Quality!
BIMMEX Inc. offers the following courtesy services for our customers that need to leave their BMW or Mini for one day or more:
- $20/day – Credit for a rental car from a national brand rental car company offered for customers with invoices exceeding $500
- $35/day – Credit for a rental car from a national brand rental car company offered for customers with invoices exceeding $1200
- Max $10 Taxi credit – Offered for customers with invoices exceeding $100 for a drop off within maximum of 5 Km radius of our location
Terms and Conditions
- Car rental or taxi credits cannot be offered in conjunction with any other discounts
- Rental Car or Taxi Company Requirements and conditions are your full responsibility.
- Please pay yourself the bill with the rental car or taxi companies and you will receive a credit on your invoice for the same amount
- Please provide invoice for rental agreement or taxi in order to receive your credit
- Taxi credit is given for maximum of 5 im plus start fee
Car Allowance Calculations
$20/day for invoices more than $500 before tax; $35/day for invoices more than $1200 before tax; taxi credit for a max of $10 or 5Km for invoices more than $100 before tax. Number of car rental days limited to length of actual repair calculated at 10h labour of repairs per rental day. In the event the car is not ready in the repair time frame due to unforseen situations we cannot provide extended days for courtesy rental car.
- We cannot negotiate terms and conditions in your name with rental car or taxi company.